Currently Offered Sessions
No sessions currently scheduled.
Metadata is a fundamental element of any digitization project. Designed for noncatalogers, this full day workshop focuses on using metadata to facilitate both access to and preservation of digital resources.
Topics include: review of metadata schema choices, development of a preservation metadata model, and using XML to store metadata. Hands on exercises will be conducted during the class.
What you will learn:
- An understanding of what metadata is and how it facilitates access to and preservation of digital resources
- An awareness of appropriate metadata schema, including Dublin Core, EAD, TEI, and others
- An understanding of current and developing standards
- The benefits of using metadata and XML together
- An understanding of interoperability and ways to achieve it