The University Libraries at The University of South Dakota is seeking qualified applicants for a Library Associate position in the Interlibrary Loan department. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing exceptional library services to our students, faculty, and staff at the University of South Dakota, and must demonstrate excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of library operations or similar knowledge from related fields
- Experience with computers and modern office equipment, such as printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines
- Ability to perform repetitious computer activities such as keyboard data entry for extended periods of time
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships in a diverse environment
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrating professionalism at all times
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate with others, orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and within group settings, as a participating member
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize tasks
- Possess problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as needed
- Capable and willing to learn new tasks and skills, and adjust to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to move heavy and fully-loaded book trucks, and lift items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Interlibrary Loan processing via ILLiad, WorldShare Interlibrary Loan or WorldCat Resource Sharing, or other similar Interlibrary Loan systems
- Experience with and knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with multiple systems and web services
- Ability to locate scholarly publications online and ability to verify citations
USD is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Diversity and inclusiveness are values that are embraced at USD. Candidates who support these values are encouraged to apply.
Apply on-line on the South Dakota Board of Regents employment website.
Review of applications will begin on February 8, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.